Skip to main content

Lake Residence


Awhile back, I shared details of how I went about selecting multiple rugs for a family room I was helping a client with.  If you would like to read the post, click here.  

Today, I am sharing more details about the space.  Here are the pictures that show what the space looked like before any changes were made.



As you can see the first item on the agenda was paint.  Along with painting the walls and ceiling, I suggested painting all the wood trim, bead board, window casings and cabinets white.  We decided to go with Sherwin Williams Silver Strand for the walls and an off-white for the wood.

Besides a sectional and sofa table that the client already owned, the entire room needed new furnishings.  Below, is the initial mood board showing the other furniture pieces I
selected for the space. 

As sometimes happens in the design process, a few changes had to be made after the furniture pieces were initially picked.  

My client found a bistro table and chairs at a local furniture shop that fit wonderfully into the design, so we ended up going with this set instead of the table and chairs I had selected.

 The pretty green chest and bench suddenly became unavailable so I choose this cute wood and metal piece and new bench that had a similar look to the original one selected.



And lastly, we changed the end table to go in between the 2 club chairs to this:


Later on this week, I will be showing the completed room.  But, here is a little sneak peek!


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Accessorize an End Table or Nightstand

Stuck on how to accessorize an end table or nightstand?  There are so many ways to style/accessorize a table, and really there are no rules. However, if you aren't sure where to begin below is a list of basic items to use that you can't go wrong with: *A lamp * Artwork/mirror *Books * Floral/branches In addition, here are a few more accessorizing tips to get you on your way: Use items of varied heights to keep the eye moving.  Have something short, something medium, and something tall.  Use stacked books to add height if needed. Meredith Heron Layer your accessories.  Don't be afraid to let your lamp cover a portion of the artwork. via                                                                   Group differently shaped items together.  If everything is square/rectangle it just looks boring. via Add pops of color. Elle Decor Use unique items that mean something to you, such as something purchased from a tri

My Favorite Way to Hide Toys in My Family Room

We were is desperate need of something to hide toys in our family room.  In addition, I really needed something to go along the back our loveseat.  Below, is basically the view you get when you walk into our home.  I didn't want people to walk in & the first thing they see is the bare back of our loveseat. One day, I was meandering around TJ Maxx & spotted this cute storage ottoman.  Right away, I knew it needed to come home with me! It has proved to be a fantastic purchase for us!  My kids can easily get toys in & out of it.  It is also a very convenient place to sit & put your shoes on before heading out the door.  In addition, it can easily be moved around to the main sitting area if extra seating is ever needed. You KNOW you have made a good purchase when your husband has said TWICE, "Melissa, buying that ottoman was a really good idea."  Need some other ideas on how to hide toys?   Cute baskets/boxes , wall pockets (for books

Project Reveal: Church Foyer Makeover

I apologize for being a little MIA on this blog lately!  Life has been busy lately working with local clients, my family visiting, & working on our newly purchased home. Recently, I completed a project that I would like to share.  A local church hired me to help them redecorate their foyer area.  They wanted something new, fresh & modern that would go along with the existing paint, flooring, and lighting. Here are the BEFORE photos: This is what it looks like now! Custom Welcome/Reception Desk A special thanks to Palmetto Street Church of God for allowing me the privilege to help make their foyer shine! Photography by the wonderful  Liz Odom .  If you would like  help designing your home or business visit my website !